In September 2014, I met award-winning blogger turned New York Times bestseller, Luvvie Ajayi. She had just introduced a new blog called Awesomely Techie. I went from guest posting on the website occasionally to becoming the Managing Editor from July 2016 to March 2018. As Managing Editor, I was responsible for:
- Setting editorial and traffic goals, and implementing content, search, and social growth strategies for the website
- Managing an editorial calendar, including guest and staff writers, while also contributing content regularly
- Managing all emails and social media profiles
- Finding revenue and affiliate opportunities and partnerships, working with advertisers on cross-branded campaigns
- Website maintenance, including managing WordPress backend
Here are some posts I wrote for the site:
- Is LinkedIn Premium Worth the Price?
- Chatbots on FB Messenger: How to Get Started Using ManyChat
- 6 Ways to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
- Why Did WhatsApp Stop Working On My Phone?
- Two-Factor Authentication: Why You Need It and How It Works
- WordPress Security: 4 Ways to Prevent Hacks Today
- 4 SEO Checks Every Site Needs To Do Today
- 6 Things Every E-Commerce Business Should Know About Instagram Ads
- 5 Ways to Increase Engagement on Instagram
- Should You Allow Another Website to Republish Your Content?